Worried About Your Health? Simple Changes to Ensure your Lifestyle Has
Diseases that are caused by unhealthy behaviors and choices people makes in their life.
Lifestyle diseases are disorders that are mainly based on day to day habits of people.
Some habits are diverting people from daily routine and pushing them towards an inactive routine that can cause a number of health issues.
DO YOU KNOW?
More than 100 million people suffer from hypertension in India.
Some Common Lifestyle Diseases
Now we’re going to discuss the types of lifestyle diseases.
- Cardiovascular disease
- Chronic obstruction pulmonary disease
- Musculoskeletal disorder
These are the types of diseases which are included in our common lifestyle.
About 30% to 40% of cardiovascular death develops between in the age of 34-64 years in India.
Causes of Lifestyle Diseases
Mainly, causes of these diseases are based on your daily routine and activity. But, now I will tell you the causes briefly.
These causes may help you to make change in your life to protect yourself from these diseases.
We listed these causes in three categories, common causes, main causes and other causes.
Firstly, the common causes are listed below:
- Poor physical fitness
- Smoking cigarette and alcohol consumption
- Lack of dental care and lack of regular exercise
- Stress and insufficient sleep
- Onset of menopause
- Limited contact to sunlight
- High calories and high proteins
- Unbalanced diet, irregular meals and high intake of salt
- Accumulation of body fat and shrinking muscles
- Unbalanced blood pressure and diabetes
Now, have a look on the main causes of lifestyle diseases:
- Choices (controllable factors in your life)
- Heredity (know about your family history)
- Environment factor (avoid unhealthy pollution)
Moreover, the third and the last category which we call other causes of lifestyle diseases are given below:
- Regular changes in your lifestyle
- Irregular dietary habits
- Extreme uses of packed and junk foods
- Lack of sleep
- Tension in studies
- Depression for career making
- Unhealthy competition
- Alcohol and drugs consumption
Avoid these habits for your healthy future. If you have a balanced health you can achieve anything you want.
Prevention of These Diseases
A healthy diet is extremely necessary for your health. You have to accept the fact that good health is all about taking charge for what is right for your body.
- Have more green vegetables, fresh fruits, calcium & fiber rich foods
- Stick to whole grain/multi grain flour.
- Decrease your section size and eat at regular intervals (every 2 hours)
- Remove or at least try to limit the consumption of oily food
- Replace your junk food with healthy snacks
- Drink plenty of water
It is important to strike a perfect balance between food and physical activity.
Walking is the best and safest form of exercise for people of all ages. It helps you burn calories, improves your strength and stamina.
Besides this, there are many other ways through which you can include exercise in your daily routine.
- Take the stairs as a replacement of lift & elevators
- Walk from the bus stop to your home/office
- Do household works for at least 30 minutes daily
- Always go for a short walk after your meals
- Avoid any type of addiction if you have like drinking, smoking and intake of drugs
- Maintain your weight, keep your blood pressure and diabetes in control
Where do you start?
Common lifestyle diseases are truly based on your lifestyle and habits.
It means that, the treatments of these following diseases are only up to you. You can avoid some bad habits and add on some good habits in your daily schedule.
Also, you can consult your doctor if you cannot follow or implement these habits, they will help you out.
Moreover, the earlier you follow the prevention tips, the better your health will get.
SHOCKING FACTS about Common Lifestyle Diseases in India
India has the highest number of type II diabetics with 40.9 millions.
In India, about 36,149 people died from cirrhosis every year.
In India, 61% deaths occur due to common lifestyle diseases.
Every 12th Indian is diabetic.
Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Kerala are the top of drug related suicides.
In Punjab, 76% opioid dependents in the age of 18-35 years.
27% deaths in India are caused by pollution.
33% of cancer is caused by tobacco use.
Every third child in Delhi is suffering from impaired lungs.
40% of urban Indians have high cholesterol.
In India, 100 million people have high blood pressure.
25-40 million people in India suffering from food allergy.
10% of the population suffers from mental illness at the age of 18.
18.6% of men have found overweight and are obese.
It’s our daily life routine and our daily eating habits that cause common lifestyle diseases.
Don’t get stressed and maintain your weight and blood pressure. Do exercises daily as it keeps your body fit. Avoid drinking and smoking habits.
This article gives you information about common lifestyle diseases, I hope you read it very carefully. And, follow all the tips for prevention and keep yourself healthy.